Tuesday 18 January 2011

Final Soap Opera Trailer



After showing our most recent draft of our trailer to an audience I picked up a few points that could be changed or improved on. I decided it would be best if I added these changes as I agreed with them and thought it would make my trailer altogether a more effective piece. This main point picked up on was the music. Compared to existing soap opera trailers, which usually use one piece of music all the way throughout, we used several different pieces for each different scene. This was very un-generic and I do not think it worked, neither did the audience. To amend this I tried to find a quite neutral piece of music which would work the whole way through the trailer to make it more conventional and easier for the audience to relate to by being similar to existing trailers. I managed to find the piece of music you can hear in this improved version of my trailer and chose it because I thought it worked well through all the scenes as it built up to create suspense during the negative scenes. Instead of finding a different piece of music for the party scene I faded out the main piece of music so just the background song could be heard. The main piece was then faded back in for the pub scene. I feel this music works a lot better than the music in the last edit as it gives a more continuous feel to the trailer.

I have also added a voice over to the end of the trailer where the titles come up. I did this to really emphasis the important details about when the soap opera is going to broadcasted. By having these details written and spoken I feel they are reiterated for the audience so they are well remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment